Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

MKE MUSIC

If I was in Milwaukee in 29 days, I would definitely go to this. 
I have seen both De La Buena and The Aluar Pearls, among my favorite musical groups in Milwaukee. Seriously so talented. It makes me proud to claim our city as our home. I also really cannot stress enough how important it is to support your community. I am a visual artist but I have been coming out of my shell my last few months in Milwaukee to experience other art forms. I am reminded, that first I, and You, and then We, are a collective force.
 Such contrast- from music that is better than what you hear on your car radio, playing in front of you, in your own city. Enjoy a mix of afro-caribbean & latin jazz, to Highlife, Afrobeat, Soukous, Dub, Calypso. 

Be there. VVV



No comments:

Post a Comment