Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

mYstics

My favorite place to create is in our gift shop at the gallery. It is surreal to be in a space brought to you by yourself and your lover. And being surrounded with love, support and a collection of all the things we've made together.

My style has been ever-changing and growing with every piece, all pieces I finish are hung in the gift shop in the gallery along with all the other shirts, buttons, hats, postcards we've made for sale.

Lately I've been trying to push my boundaries. I try a new thing with every piece, whether it be trying a new technique, different colors, or picking at the atmosphere of an idea thats been floating around my mind for some time.. This piece grew from the mystic place somewhere up there. A few years ago I was really into reading on anything close to the places we can't reach with just on this plane. Eastern mysticism, African shamans, Tao- I feel I haven't put much effort into this old interest of mine because I've been so swamped with 'real life' things.. school, money, etc. I also have no one heavily around me too interested in these things either. Trying to get back to it in some way or another. Starting here 

xxx







Art Is For Lovers Gallery Hours:

Friday 12-5 
Saturday 12-5
Sunday 12-5

Come create somethin


No comments:

Post a Comment