Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Are you ready?

Crazy things are going on, revolution is right under our feet. Don't be knocked over. If you need some support, look to your modern day young leaders. We're for for ya. Some words from a friend, Dynasty Ceasar, that I really resonated with and would like to share:

Our generation is overwhelmingly fascinated with getting attention, be that good or bad. Ya'll going to protests just to go and posting statuses about it just so someone will like or comment on it. You're not part of the solution, you're now part of the problem. Are you even watching? Protesting is not affective in this situation. Did you watch in history? We were not the only ones protesting we were being protested against too. Is that really what you're ready for? Let me be clear at what I am getting at here. . . This is not being handled correctly. Protesting, and not participating in Black Friday are not affective, for we are not trying to change that stores are not accepting black business. We are not standing outside of what needs to be stood in front of. My people are fighting about being equal when they don't even believe it themselves. Act accordingly. Either we are trying to assume the position of superiority, or denounce the position of inferiority. The very things that we complain about from the opposition. This is a battle of the mind. This is a battle of understanding. To win a battle that does not consist of physical demands, you must first understand that physical things are irrelevant. Bottom line another human being killed another human being. This is wrong. We, as in humanity, need to address this issue on the basis of the relevance of the situation. Do you want justice for him? Or do you want justice for yourself? Do you want justice for someone in your life? This is what separates the problem and the solution. You have the power to enforce with only moving the muscle of your tongue and the power in your mind. Please understand that my entire life, I went to a predominately white school. I learned about the Civil Rights Movement amongst people whose ancestors had the upper hand. So please don't talk to me about not feeling equal, or worthy, or strong. But if you ask anybody from my high school, or middle school, and elementary, they will tell you that I was their equal. I spoke my peace with facts first before I spoke of personal experience. I realized that I am the race of a human being first, and I will not let my skin excuse any behavior, for my behavior will be that of a human. An educated human who is aware.
I could care less if there is a single comment or like under this. I am only speaking to those who truly care about this situation. Use your mind over this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment